Sunday, October 20, 2013

Alchemy 5 Script & HUD Progress!

Evening, Sinners! I decided I'm going to try and keep up with the Blog properly, so I can keep people up to date on what's in progress, as well as what's hitting the stores.

I spent the early part of the day cleaning up the little Permissions snafu with the Applier HUDs in the new Juno & Jupiter Skins packages (the HUDs were no Copy, causing the unpacking script to ignore them). Those packages are now sorted... and anyone who had issues unpacking the HUDs can get the new package from a re delivery terminal or the vendors.

More important to most of you will be the progress I made on the A5 Script & HUD update today. I had a few communications issues to sort out with the new Slave Script (which goes in the attachments), and I got those finished! Additionally, I got the new Surface Panel on the A5 HUD polished off. I think everyone will find it a little more friendly and intuitive, especially new customers. All of the existing controls are still available, with more focus on the ones that are most often used. You can see how it's progressing here:


You'll see elements that are very familiar from the Lite HUDs of recent releases, with a few bits renamed... like "Object" instead of "Attachment" or "Subpart" and "Surface" instead of "Class." The biggest evolution is a larger texture sample size, and much smaller buttons for the less used Surface Settings, light Bright and Shine. The RGB interface is a carryover, since it's one of the best ones available in SL by any measure.

You might notice the 'Tabs' on the Product Bar on the left. This is where you'll change between the Surface panel (or SFC panel, show above), or the PSR Panel... which will have the Position, Scale, & Rotation controls. The PSR panel isn't ready to show you yet, but I think everyone will be pleased with it... and with a little more room, it will be easier to make it more friendly and intuitive as well.

More updates soon! And as soon as the new HUD is finished, I'll be releasing several styles of new Mesh Fae ears, which you may have noticed in The Forsaken skin panels!

Stay Sinful!

No comments:

Post a Comment